Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: dying Coconut's fur

  1. #1
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Has anyone tried to dye Coconut a different color? She needs to be a "toasted" Westie (brown or beige) and get a makeover to become a Cairn Terrier.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KimberBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hm, I was wondering the exact opposite. Do you think its possible to wash coconut, even with her hard body? I haven't had mine that long, a little more than a year, so she isnt that dirty, but I'm worried for the future and how I'm going to wash her once she gets really dirty. Lol, I guess that wouldn't be very accurate tho, I used to have a westie and he was very rarey white. Westies are digging dogs and he loved to roll around in the dirt [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]
    But about dying coconut's fur, I'm not sure. Regular human hair dye wouldn't work, is there a fur or wig dye you could use?

  3. #3
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    It probably depends a lot on what Coconut is made of but I would try a tea to begin with. That might give a more natural color.

  4. #4
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    I would try a dye pen. if you want a defined look. You can get those at craft stores and it will keep you form having to wet the whole dog down.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member glittergirl08's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Coconut in another color would be nice! [img]smile.gif[/img] But when I read the title of your post, the color Blue or Pink came to mind! [img]redface.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    I was thinking the same thing Ria. I thought she would look cute with a few little tinges of blue! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    Try Rit dye.. it is for synthetics and for cottons and such, so maybe it will work on Coconut?!? You could try dabbing a wash cloth in the mix and then srunching Coconut's fur with the washcloth.. that might work and might give a nice look!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the imput. I don't have Coconut yet but maybe I will look on ebay to see if I can get a deal on one. Susanna has plenty of puppies to love but she would like one special one. Cairn Terriers come in any color other than white. I'll let you know if I try it.

  10. #10
    swazini
    Guest swazini's Avatar

    Post

    That's such a good idea Robin. Tea seems like it might work depending on how dark you want mini-Mishi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •